DISCLOSURE: Some of our posts may contain affiliate links which we may receive a commission if you choose to book something through one of our links.
Find out what are the best gay massage and spa options in Bangkok so you can feel refreshed, relaxed, and ready to party!
Why did the masseuse have to close up shop? Because he kept rubbing people the wrong way!
All jokes aside, while gay saunas are a wonderful way to relax in a steam room and meet some hot fellas, sometimes what you really need is a vigorous massage to soothe your sore muscles.
Whether you've been stuck in an airplane for 18 hours or just have tired legs from all the shopping you've been doing, Bangkok is one of the best places to go for a massage. And yes, you can get ones with a “positive ending” if that's what you're in the mood for, but don't feel pressured if it's not really your cup of tea!
The art of Thai massage originated in Bangkok, you can even see ancient plaques depicting the techniques on the walls of the temple Wat Pho. Getting a gay massage in Bangkok means you can enjoy a relaxing massage with a cute gay masseuse who is also often amenable to a little more intimacy than you might experience with a ‘regular' massage.
Gay travelers visiting Bangkok have plenty of massage options, the bulk of them being in Silom Soi 6. We've put together our favorite gay massage parlors and spas in Bangkok in 2023 for a good rubdown…
Gay tour of Thailand
Discover how Thailand earned its moniker ‘The Land of Smiles' on this awesome gay tour with Out Adventures. The boys over at OA run four annual departures through the country with stops in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi, and Phuket. It's a fantastic way for first-timers to Thailand to get a thorough flavor of this incredible country with a fabulous bunch of squirrel friends to hand.
How much does a gay massage cost in 2023?
The price really depends on where you decide to go but usually, the going rate in Bangkok for a gay massage is around 300 bahts ($10) for an hour in most places. Most treatments are 60, 90, or 120 minutes long.
Thai massages are the most popular, and most intense, which is why I love them. You can also have Foot massages, Body Scrubs, or massages with oils, aromas – or both. Obviously the more involved or longer the massage, then the higher the cost.
To give you an idea, check out the full Menu a la Carte for The Prime Massage below:
Gay Massage Tipping etiquette
Giving your Gay Masseur a tip is customary and expected. Ultimately this comes down to how you feel about it. As a ballpark, 100 bahts ($3) is usually the minimum expected. For example, when paying for my 60-minute Thai massage at The Prime Massage, I was told by the receptionist beforehand that I was to budget for at least 100 bahts as a tip.
Our take on it is if you can afford to, then be generous! These guys don't get paid much and they make their living from tips, so if you can, we'd say up the 100 bahts minimum by a few hundred. It really won't break the bank!
But ultimately it's a private decision for you to make.
If you're offered a generous “ending” to your message, then it goes without saying that you should definitely up the standard 100 bahts tip to around 1,000-2,000 bahts. In this scenario, your masseur will tell you the price he expects before he does anything to you, so just be guided by that.
What's the T with Happy Endings?
You've all heard about it – some are horrified by the idea, and for others, it's the sole reason for coming to Thailand! We say live and let live. Nothing beats a good deep massage of the muscles, especially if, like us, you hit the gym a lot. Your body needs it!
If it's a good clean wholesome massage you want, we recommend The Prime Massage. It's super professional, the facilities are immaculate and there is no skin-to-skin touching – you are required to wear massage pajamas they give you. You're also given the choice beforehand of a male or female masseur/masseuse.
If, however, you're looking for something a little more intimate, then any of the other ones in this list will be your friend. In most cases, you'll be prompted to select your masseur (they're all male!) beforehand. At the end of the massage, they will be guided by your body language as to how far you want to go(!) but the key thing is they are always professional and won't push you to do anything you're not comfortable with.
What to do in Bangkok?
Once you're all refreshed and relaxed after your massages, there is a LOT to explore while you're in Bangkok. From shopping to dining, experiencing the gay scene, and admiring ancient architecture – this is a city packed with fun activities!
The different types of massage available in Bangkok
- Thai Traditional Massage: This type of massage is influenced by both Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine. if you like it hard (the massage that is!), then get this. Gay Masseurs use their entire bodies to reduce tension in your muscles, “click” bones into place, and ease out any knots you may have in your muscles.
- Aromatherapy Massage: it is a more chilled massage technique where yoru gay Masseur uses a blend of essential oils such as lavender, Eucalyptus, Bergamot and more on your body… The aim is to relax your body and manage areas with pain. It also improves mood.
- Oil Massage: this refers to any type of massage (usually Thai Traditional) but with the addition of oils such as Almond, jojoba or grapeseed oils which your masseur will ask you to choose beforehand. If you're looking for a gay massage with a happy ending, let's just say that adding oil to the mix will be conducive to making this a more intimate experience!
- Sports Massage: similar to Thai Traditional Massage, a sports massage is more focused on targeting the muscle groups and soft tissues used in sports. It includes a combination of assisted stretching and massage techniques.
- Thai Herbal Ball Massage: a warm herbal ball is rolled, dabbed, and moved in a rocking motion across your body to relieve aches and pains. It was first used by Buddhist monks during the 14th century in Thailand to treat injured soldiers returning from battle. It is considered a treatment in Thai Traditional medicine.
- Swedish Massage: often considered the “classic massage” that is softer than the Thai Traditional or Sports massage. The Swedish Massage is an all-body massage that involves kneading, long strokes, deep circular movements, and passive joint movements. The aim is to relax you, stimulate nerve endings, and increase blood flow and lymph drainage
- Thai Foot Massage: also called “Thai Reflexology”, is much more than just a soothing foot rub! This is a centuries-old therapy where masseurs use their hands, knuckles, and even sticks to apply pressure that you'll feel across your entire body.
1. The Prime Massage
Prime is the most professional of all the gay massages in Bangkok we found. It's located at the end of Silom Soi 6. You can tell it's on a different level from all the other massage parlors because you have to book your time slot beforehand.
No hanky panky here. You select if you want a masseur or masseuse beforehand and then are taken to a private area to shower, change and put on a set of massage pajamas they give you – no skin-to-skin touching here, that's how serious these guys are.
We love Prime because the massages are absolutely brilliant. If you want them to go hard, they will: they literally put their entire body into the massage, and bloody hell you'll feel it! You can ask them to go softer if like Seby you don't like it too hard, but for me, I love to feel the bones cracking into place!
We recommend visiting on a weeknight to get more personalized attention when it's less busy. The scent of lemongrass floats over you as soon as you step foot inside, getting your senses ready to be ultimately relaxed, which you soon will be!
- Address: The Prime massage is located at 128, 23 Si Lom 6, Suriya Wong, Bang Rak. It is in the heart of the gay scene, a 5 minutes walk from Sala Daeng station on the Silom line.
- Opening hours 2023: The Prime massage is open from 11 am until midnight every day.
- Minimum tip: 100 Bahts.
- Reservation enquiries: Call +66 2 634 2078 to book your massage.
2. The Green Massage
Another gay massage parlor we love down Silom Soi 6 is The Green Massage (its actual location is on Surawong Road, around the corner from Silom Soi 6). This is just around the corner from the Prime, so you could easily sample them both and then choose your own personal favorite gay massage – let us which of the two you prefer if you do!
Like Paradise, The Green Massage is another small and unassuming business with a group of cute masseurs standing outside smiling at you, enticing you inside – they'll make you feel like you're entering a palace!
There are private rooms for a full-body massage or you can enjoy the social atmosphere while having a foot/leg massage on one of the comfy couches. Along with aroma or oil massages they also offer invigorating body scrubs to keep your skin looking fresh. You can also combine treatments if you wish to be truly pampered.
- Address: The Green Massage is located at 119 Surawong Road, Silom Soi 6 next to Tartawan Place. The closest BRT station is Sala Daeng station on the Silom line.
- Opening hours 2023: The Green Massage is open daily from 10am until 1am.
- Minimum tip: No Minimum tip required.
- Reservation enquiries: Call +66 2 634 0319.
3. The Paradise Massage & Spa
Paradise is one of many smaller gay massages in Silom Soi 6. It's got an unassuming shop front with a group of cute massage lads standing outside enticing you in.
This is a massage and spa business, so along with relaxing massages, you can also enjoy treatments such as an aroma spa, manicures, pedicures, or a body scrub. Everything here is very elegant, with marble floors, towels shaped like swans, and a huge private Jacuzzi if you book the VIP deluxe room.
While the gay massage place is very classy don't be worried if you're looking for some fun, as the cute masseurs are happy to offer a bit more for a tip!
- Address: The Paradise Massage is located at Silom Soi 6. It is very close to the gay scene, a 5 minutes walk from Sala Daeng station on the Silom line.
- Opening hours 2023: The Paradise Massage & Spa is open from 10am until 1am every day.
- Minimum tip: 100 Bahts.
- Reservation enquiries: Send an email at [email protected] or call +66 96 938 6838.
4. The Adam Massage
Adam Massage is more about the Happy Ending than it is about the massage. It is located in the heart of Silom Soi 4 where Bangkok's gay bars can be found. Don't worry about seeing any Eves here as it's purely for gay men to enjoy…
There are five different massage styles available for you to choose from and the male masseurs are all very easy on the eyes as well. Not only is this gay massage place spotlessly clean, but there are always delightful essential oil scents wafting through the air.
The decor is also enchanting, with lots of plants, flowers, candles, and cute water features. With a purple and gold color theme, we certainly felt like royalty here, of course being pampered like queens certainly helps with that too!
Around halfway into your massage, your masseur will propose a variety of different Happy Endings(!) and give you a price (usually in the region of around 1,000 to 2,000 bahts). What you select is entirely up to you and the chemistry between you and the masseur.
- Address: The Adam Massage is located at 114 16 Si Lom, Suriya Wong, Bang Rak, a few minutes walk from Sala Daeng station on the Silom MRT line.
- Opening hours 2023: The Adam Massage is open from 11 am to 11 pm every day.
- Minimum tip: 500 Bahts.
- Reservation enquiries: Call +66 91 009 2666.
5. The 9-Teen Massage
They'll see you before you see them! As you walk up the main street of Silom heading to Balcony, you'll likely pass the 9-Teen boys Gay Massage parlor. It's smartly located just around the corner from Silom Soi 6 so is likely to be the first of all the gay massage place you'll encounter in that street.
We've only had positive experiences at 9-Teen. The guys are super friendly, most of them are gay, and all very sweet. They are also super professional but amenable to a glorious ending(!) if you know what we mean…
The place is spacious, spread out over multiple floors with plenty of private massage rooms. They do really wonderful oil massages, which are great for sore muscles. We recommend one of their oil massages with aromas – obviously more pricey than a standard massage, but well worth it!
- Address: The 9-Teen Silom 8 Massage is located at 134 3 SiLom, a short walk from Sala Daeng station on the Silom MRT line and close to the gay scene of Silom Soi 4.
- Opening hours 2023: The 9-Teen Massage is open from 10 am to midnight every day.
- Minimum tip: No Minimum tip required.
- Reservation enquiries: Call +66 62 895 6696.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Join our newsletter
Subscribe now to receive in-depth FREE travel guides, along with inspiring stories, savvy planning tips, and exclusive discounts on gay tours.
For more inspiration:
- If it's your first time visiting check out these gay tours of Bangkok for LGBTQ travelers
- And get the low down on why Stranger Bar is one of our favorite places in the whole of Bangkok!
- Read all about the Thai traditional food you need to try today!
- Find out what it's like to grow up gay in Thailand in our interview with Saroj from Bangkok
- Then check out our gay guide to the island of Phuket
- As well as our gay island guide to the beautiful Koh Lipe
Tuesday 16th of February 2021
I think 50 baht is a bit low to tip even for a regular massage. I suggest 100 baht ($3 US) for a 1-hr and 200 baht ($6 US) for longer.
Wednesday 17th of February 2021
Good advice! Thanks for that :)