The Galapagos Islands is incredible: a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people and for good reason.
This is our Galapagos Islands travel video, which we hope inspires and captivates you.
We spent a week cruising around the Galapagos Islands on the luxury yacht The Passion using our GoPro Hero 5 camera and made lots of friends with sea lions, giant tortoises, eagle rays and more!
The Galapagos Islands are an archipelago of volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean, around 1,000km (600 miles) from Ecuador’s coast. The variety of unique wildlife here not only inspired Darwin back in 1835, it completely captivated us when we visited in October 2016.
This is one of the few places in the world where you get so close to the wildlife because they are blazé to humans. You’ll be so spoilt, no other safari will be the same again.
It’s not just above ground you get close with wildlife. There are many opportunities to go snorkelling and discover the rich underwater world surrounding the Galapagos Islands where reef sharks, manta rays, tropical fish and of course the many playful sea lions await you.
We are running the Galapagos gay luxury cruise again in October 2017 if you want to join us.
For more inspiration:
- learn more about the cuisine with our 10 famous foods in Ecuador
- discover what it's like growing up gay in Ecuador with our interview with Mario from Quito
- plan your trip with our gay guide to Quito
- get inspired by our 6 awesome things to do in Ecuador
- try our recipes for Ecuadorian quesadillas and locro de papa soup