Costs of travelling in Latvia
Latvia was our first country on our Asian Adventure. Riga was our springboard from Europe into Russia for the Trans Siberian.
- we spent 4 days in Riga and each spent £117 / $172
- this works out to a per person daily average of: £29 / $42
- the exchange rate was: £1 = €1.2 / $1 = €1.28
This is the breakdown of our Latvia travel costs:
- We stayed at the Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel paying £8 / $12 each a night for a dorm.
- We thought we would “test” dorms and quickly learnt this is not for us.
- Main cost was food but we always ate in cheap canteen like restaurants and did a lot of cooking in the hostel kitchen.
- The “Other” included stocking up on miscellaneous items we forgot to buy in London like Sebastien’s creams
- We did not include a heading for Visa as there is nothing to pay for Latvia for EU citizens.
- We also didn't include our flight in from London with Ryanair (£58 pp).
Watch our Trans Siberian travel video and enjoy our time in RIga, Latvia and our train travel through Russia.
OUR FAVORITE TRAVEL RECOMMENDATIONS
This article contains affiliate links. If you click on them, we may receive compensation which keeps our website alive and helps us bring you to more destinations.