Costs of travelling in Latvia
Latvia was our first country on our Asian Adventure. Riga was our springboard from Europe into Russia for the Trans Siberian.
- we spent 4 days in Riga and each spent £117 / $172
- this works out to a per person daily average of: £29 / $42
- the exchange rate was: £1 = €1.2 / $1 = €1.28
This is the breakdown of our Latvia travel costs:
- We stayed at the Cinnamon Sally Backpackers Hostel paying £8 / $12 each a night for a dorm.
- We thought we would “test” dorms and quickly learnt this is not for us.
- Main cost was food but we always ate in cheap canteen like restaurants and did a lot of cooking in the hostel kitchen.
- The “Other” included stocking up on miscellaneous items we forgot to buy in London like Sebastien’s creams
- We did not include a heading for Visa as there is nothing to pay for Latvia for EU citizens.
- We also didn’t include our flight in from London with Ryanair (£58 pp).
Watch our Trans Siberian travel video and enjoy our time in RIga, Latvia and our train travel through Russia.