Stefan Arestis | Jun 10, 2017 | 0
Korea: 5 Gay Friendly Hotels in Seoul
Korea is one of the more conservative countries in Asia. Whilst being gay is not illegal, it’s quite far away from passing any anti discrimination or same sex legislation any time soon unlike Japan, Taiwan and Thailand.
Despite this, the capital city, Seoul, has an active gay scene with a handful of gay bars in the Itaewon area.
Here’s our top 5 welcoming and gay friendly hotels in Seoul:
- As well as being located walking distance to the gay bars of Itaewon, you’re also near excellent restaurants, and the nearby Itaewon subway station exit has a shuttle bus stop to Incheon airport.
- The Hamilton has a fantastic pool and gym, and rooms in the higher floors have incredible views of the city below.
#2 HOTEL CATS
- Hotel Cats is a super cool design hotel with a mix of both local and international tourists and near the gay bars and excellent restaurants.
- It is walking distance from the Insa-Donc, Gwanghwamun square and the King Sejong the Great statue and is very close to the subway station Jongno-3-ga (lines 1, 3 and 5) for easy access to the airport.
- This is a modern and luxurious boutique hotel, located on the main road through Itaewon and therefore walking distance to the gay nightlife.
- It’s also an excellent base for shopping and close to the halal restaurants of Usadan-ro street.
- Staff are extremely welcoming to gay couples and it’s very easy to reach from the airport via Bus 6030.
- SP is a cozy and budget gay friendly hotel located in the heart of the gay scene of Seoul.
- A particular popular feature of SP is the garage below, which has been converted into a communal area with sofas, books, foosball table and cool hangout to meet other like minded travellers before heading out.
- Top Hotel is another excellent value for money hotel well located in the heart of the gay scene of Seoul.
- You’re greeted with pop corn on arrival, just minutes walk from the nearest metro station and close to the Namsan market and shopping area of Insadong.
- The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming to both solo gay travellers and gay couples.
These are the top 5 best hotels in Seoul located close to the gay scene of Itaewon, excellent restaurants and shops. You can save up to 60% using one of these Hotwire promo codes when making your booking.